About Me

My photo
Hi there, I am from Hawaii and I love makeup and music. I do makeup reviews, hauls and much more! Please check out my blog and FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW my instagram @krzy4beauty I take request and I questions also. If you have any comments post them up. Thank you, please enjoy^__^

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Maybelline color sensational color elixir lipgloss

Maybelline color sensational color elixir glosses in 085 hibiscus haven & 040 vision in violet.
Price: $7

These are the new maybelline elixir gloss!  I bought two shades out of the 20 that they have.  Alot of people seemed to have bought them since most of the shades were gone on the stand.  

So the website claims:
  • A trio of concentrates delivers the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss
  • Our exclusive smoothing angora brush delivers a polished , even application and smoothing sensation to lips

My review:
The packaging is very cute which looks like a lipstick but it is actually a lipgloss.  I love the heart shaped wand applicator which makes applying very easy.  The shades are easy to see right through the bottle and they are light enough to travel with.

When applied it is very very thick and sticky.  Have you ever tried using a lollipop as a lipgloss before for fun?  Well, it feels like that.  Sticky and thick.  However, the pigmentation is wonderful!  But, it doesn't stop there!  As the gloss sets it does not become sticky and thick anymore.  Instead it feels like a lipstick with a glossy finish.  It is very hydrating a lip balm and glossy like a lip gloss!  Just as the website claims to be.  It feels great on the lips and it last a long time.  As long as you don't wipe it off.  But thats not a problem since the application is easy.  

It is also water proof(:

The 2 colors that I got are more of the matte side colors such as the pink and the purple.  What I mean by more matte is...  through the bottle they didn't seem as if there were glitter in it as how the other shades look.

*front view*

The see through glass so you can see the color.  This pink is a very dolly pink for those who love this type of shade(:  

*color and number*

*side view*

It looks like a lipstick!

*heart shaped wand*

I love the heart shaped wand.  It makes application so much easier.  Drugstore products are making more of these heart shaped wands.  It looks like a high-end product. 

*no flash picture*

These photograph very nicely.  

*with flash picture*

*swatch*

*front view*

This purple is gorgeous.  My favorite out of these two.  It is bold but not too bright.  You can wear this anywhere.  I suggest wearing a subtle eye look to pair this with.

*color and number*

*side view*

Lipstick bullet look.

*wand*

Heart shaped wand applicator^__^

*no flash picture*

The photograph nicely.  With the flash the picture came out cool, like a gradient effect.  This lipgloss sets pretty quickly.  So I suggest starting on the outside first.

*with flash picture*

*swatch*

*measurement*

These bottles are quite small.  Around 3in.

I highly recommend trying these out!  Especially if you are a lip junkie.  

Rate: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment