About Me

My photo
Hi there, I am from Hawaii and I love makeup and music. I do makeup reviews, hauls and much more! Please check out my blog and FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW my instagram @krzy4beauty I take request and I questions also. If you have any comments post them up. Thank you, please enjoy^__^

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Revlon colorburst matte balms

Revlon colorburst matte balm
Price: $7-8

These revlon colorburst matte balms are the very popular balm stains that are sold out almost everywhere!  I picked up 3 of the shades.  I found them at walmart, but these were in the clearance section since I guess they were opened.  But they looked fine to me.  So these are the only colors I could find.  

my review:
Do I think these are worth the hype everyone has been raving about?  I am neutral, because these matte balms are similar to regular lipsticks.  But, they are pretty hydrating for matte balms and they are also staining to the lips.  So my thoughts about these are 50/50.  These are very pigmented and pretty hydrating but I would still use a lipbalm under these.  I think these are just like matte lipsticks and the jordana lip sticks are just as good as these for half the price!
*3 revlon colorburst matte balm*
(left to right) 240 striking spectaculaire, 210 unapologetic, 220 showy flamboyante

*no flash*
210 unapologetic

*flash*
210 unapologetic

*swatch*

*full view*

*name tag*

*no flash*
220 showy flamboyante*

*flash*
220 showy flamboyante

*swatch*

*full view*

*name tag*

*flash*
240 striking spectaculaire

*no flash*
240 striking spectaculaire

*swatch*

*full view*

*name tag*

*measurement*
These are around 4 1/2in.  
Overall I think these are alright.  I am still 50/50 about these matte balms because there are both cons and pros about these.  But I think that people over rate these a little too much.
Pros:
-hydrating
-pigmented
-long lasting
Cons:
-A little pricey
-kind of sinks into fine lines of lips
-overrated
-similar to jordana balms/matte lipsticks

Rate: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment